Build my first robot – Uaro
Length: 16-20 sessions, 1 hour each
UARO consists of 4 levels:
Level 1: Students learn how to assemble and build different models from frames, bolts, nuts and tools.
This level helps students to develop hand-eye coordination and to raise concentration and creativity.
Level 2: This level stimulates curiosity and motivation to code. Students will be working on and selecting the right program for each robot, enabling the understanding of basic programming concepts.
Level 3: This level introduces the coding board used to program the code while programming a different code for each robot and observing its behaviour. Students develop logical thinking and creative thinking.
Level 4: In this level, students are introduced to basic programming through block-based coding.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand the science concepts behind different robots, machinery and structures, such as speed, energy, force, and motion.
- Become familiar with basic coding blocks
- Arrange code blocks to move and instruct robots
- Use code blocks to develop programming skills
- Assemble frames and make different robots and models
- Learn the principle of sensors
- Be creative and have fun building prototypes, designing, testing and applying science concepts.