CO301 – Minecraft: Computer literacy
Length: 12-16 sessions, 1 hour each
In this course, students are introduced to concepts of computer literacy and Artificial Intelligent. They come to understand how the use of big Al and big data support wildlife tracking, and conservation efforts use of machine learning algorithms to detect anomalies in geographical data.
Understand the concept and application of unsupervised machine learning
by the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Decompose (break down) the steps needed to solve a problem into a precise sequence of instructions
- Develop programs with sequences and loops
- Develop plans that describe a program’s sequence of events, goals, and expected outcomes.
- Debug errors in an algorithm or program
- Gather and prepare photographic data for a dataset
- Define the concept of pattern recognition
- Use pattern recognition to identify different objects
- Understand how the use of big Al and big data support wildlife tracking and conservation efforts