Note: Make sure to note the day that you wish to come under the note section when making the payment
Instead of uninstructed play or watching TV passively on school out days or after-school hours, STEMA can help kids have fun while gaining meaningful knowledge.
Our interdisciplinary programs (robotics, coding & digital arts) are designed to spark and develop students’ capability to
- Think critically and analytically
- Be creative, be self-aware
- Explore and take thoughtful risks
- Work effectively in a team, or independently
- Present their ideas confidently
- Lead and be a good leader
During our daily camp, students will have hands-on experience working with one or many different STEAM/STEM activities:
- Build robots, machinery, and structures using different materials.
- Learn about the various science and engineering concepts behind each build.
- Explore coding concepts, and code robots to perform certain tasks
- Computer programing:
- Younger students: learn block-based coding to make interactive stories, animation, and mini-games. Children as young as five can start learning coding to develop logical thinking and problem-solving skills. We have block coding with no/little text for pre-readers, to begin with. Block code builds a very strong foundation for kids as they move on to text-based coding/ real code (Python, JavaScrip) at higher levels.
- Older students/ students with prior knowledge in block code: Work with text-based coding like Python, and markup languages (HTML/CSS) to create websites.
- Digital Arts: Work with 3D design and 3D modelling, storytelling, and movie production. Students create their designs in a 3D platform and can choose their designs printed out.
- Science & Engineering: Construct robots, structures, and machinery from cardboard and different craft materials. Learn the science and engineering concepts behind each build.
|9:00 am – 10:15 am||1:00 pm – 2:15 pm||STEAM Project 1|
|10:15 am – 10:45 am||2:15 pm – 2:45 pm||Snack, Group activity break, or Outdoor Activity (for full day only)*|
|10:45 am – 12:00 pm||2:45 pm – 4:00 pm||STEAM Project 2|
*Depending on the weather condition, we might take kids out to nearby parks or playgrounds for physical activities.
Please send snacks with your child for half-day camp and lunch for full-day camp.