Length: 28-32 sessions, 1 hour each
in this course, students will learn about block-based coding through Minecraft. They will code to perform given tasks while exploring various topics such as Service Learning and Social Good, Social and Emotional Health, Computer Science, Math and Economics, History, Digital Literacy, and Technology.
- Create coding solutions that include sequences, iteration, and loops.
- Decompose (break down) the steps needed to solve a problem into a precise sequence of instructions.
- Iterate coding solutions to complete a task.
- Practice computer science concepts such as sequences, events, loops and debugging.
- Recognize the expanded career connections offered through computer science.
- Analyze and solve problems using algorithmic thinking and problem decomposition.