Frequently asked questions
Can't find your question here? Please give us a call at 604.283.6788
STEMA Learning Centre offers a variety of courses such as:
- Robotics: Students will work with robotics sets to assemble and code robots to perform certain tasks. We have different robot sets for different age groups.
- Coding: Students will be introduced to basic coding concepts with block-based programming languages. They will be able to code their own animations and games. Then, students will move to higher-level text-based codes such as python and other programming languages.
- Engineering: Students will learn to build various structures using different materials.
- Technology literacy: We teach kids to use various popular computer software and mobile apps.
- Digital Arts: Students will learn 3D design and modelling. Artifacts will be printed out using 3D printers. Also, students will learn how to make movies and edit videos.
- Math, Science and other Academic Subjects: we offer an academic enrichment program to help students advance in their learning at school.
- S.T.E.M. is an acronym for science, technology, engineering and mathematics. S.T.E.M. education has become a global trend as we live in a rapidly changing world of technology. Modern technology is everywhere in our daily lives. Thus, developing skills to work with and even create new technology is more critical than ever.
- S.T.E.A.M. is the same as S.T.E.M. but includes an Arts component to help develop a well-rounded learner.
- STEMA Learning Centre is based upon the concept of S.T.E.A.M. education. Our goal is to develop a new generation of innovators and entrepreneurs.
It is never too early for kids to encounter technology. At STEMA, we have a variety of hands-on practices for young learners to gain various skills such as critical thinking, logical thinking, problem-solving, and communication. It is much more beneficial for students to learn meaningful skills and knowledge rather than just watching TV/videos and playing games.
During school year: We are open Mon-Fri from 3 pm to 6 pm. Students in the Membership program can schedule to come anytime during our opening hour (reservation is required for staffing purposes). Other students in the After-school learning package (with pick-up) will work on STEAM subjects from 3 pm to 6 pm.
For spring and summer camp: we open from 9 am to 4 pm
STEMA has camp learning programs for school-out seasons (summer, winter and spring break). We have many flexible options for parents and students to choose from:
- Daily half/full-day (summer, winter and spring break)
- Weekly half/full-day (summer, winter and spring break)
- Monthly half/full-day (only available during summer break)