Updated on Feb 11, 2024
Membership subscription plan:
- After completing the online purchase and making payment in full, the subscription plan will begin immediately and will be valid for one month
- The subscription plan will automatically be renewed every month and charged to the customer’s credit card on file.
- Thirty (30) days written notice is required for cancellation of the subscription plan
- If the student subscribes to a once-a-week plan, there will be four (4) classes per month
- If the student subscribes to a twice-a-week plan, there will be eight (8) classes per month
- The duration of the class will be 60 minutes.
- Any make-up sessions must be scheduled before the end of the membership. The make-up class must be scheduled within 14 days of the original session. Please notify us if you need to reschedule the class after 14 days so we can pause your subscription.
Photo, image, and video
- I give permission to the Centre for the use of photographs, films, slides, and videotapes of the Child taken during the Program for educational and/or promotional purposes. This may also include various electronic mediums (e.g., Websites). My Child’s names will not be published without my express written permission.
- I understand that STEMA reserves the right to publicly share the students’ works for marketing and educational purposes.
- We will notify the parent/guardian when the Child is not feeling well or needs medical attention. In case we cannot contact the parent/guardian by phone while the Child needs immediate help, you hereby grant permission for us to call a physician, take the Child to the nearest emergency center, call an ambulance, or use the services of a medical facility. If an emergency arises, you agree that any cost incurred for such services shall be your sole responsibility.
Drop off & pick up
- Please schedule the Child’s class with the staff member and notify the Centre of occasional irregularities such as lateness in advance.
- Please deliver the Child directly to the Centre’s staff member and do not remove the Child from the Centre premises without direct communication with, and acknowledgement from, a staff member.
- If the Child travels home alone by bus or on foot, please notify STEMA in advance.
- If the Child is not picked up on time, we will call the people listed in the registration form until they reach someone who can pick up the Child. STEMA will not release the Child to any person(s) for whom we do not have verbal or written permission.
• In the case where an individual session of the Program must be cancelled due to a non-Covid-19 related school closure (e.g., weather-related, “snow day”), STEMA will provide a make-up class. No credit or refund would be offered in this case.
• If the Child cannot attend the Program due to a scheduling change or other personal reasons, we will provide a credit or full refund. We require five-business-day-notice before the start of the Program to receive this credit or refund minus a $50 admin fee. This will allow us to offer up the spot to another interested participant.
• If the Child starts our Program but misses an individual session or session due to illness, personal conflict of schedule, or other reasons, we cannot provide a make-up session or a proportional refund or credit. Still, our instructors will help the Child catch up for the next session.
Informed consent and assumption of risk
By making a payment, the parent/guardian consent to their Child’s participation in the Program and understand that the Child must at all times comply with the STEMA’s Code of Conduct (which may be modified from time to time).
- I, the parent/guardian, understand that the STEMA reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to immediately dismiss, refuse, or discontinue services if the parent/guardian or the Child deems to be violated the Code of Conduct as amended from time-to-time:
- Exhibits behaviour that is disruptive, uncooperative, defiant, or dismissive of instruction given by any person in authorityUses harsh, offensive, or threatening language or engages in threatening behaviour; and/or
- Poses a threat to self, staff or other students
- I understand that STEMA will not be obligated to issue a refund if such an event occurs, and I will be responsible for all transportation or related costs if my Child is dismissed from the Program.
- The activities offered as part of the Program include but are not limited to the use of professional tools, materials, and machinery for designing, modelling, constructing different projects, rolling, jumping, and running on other surfaces. While these activities and projects offer educational and enjoyment benefits to the Child, such as developing critical thinking, problem-solving, logical, communication skills, and self-confidence, there are risks associated with them. Although STEMA attempts to minimize the risks, I understand and agree that there are possibilities of injuries, including but not limited to physical harm.
- I acknowledge and agree that STEMA Learning Centre cannot guarantee the results or effectiveness of any of the services rendered or to be rendered. Rather, services shall be executed in a professional manner and following reasonable industry and education practices. Best efforts will be used, but no results are promised.
- I acknowledge and agree that STEMA may use video surveillance equipment to monitor the interior and exterior of its premises on a 24-hour basis. I acknowledge that by participating in the Program (s), my Child and I may be subject to video surveillance and recording. Video surveillance is not conducted within the walls of the bathrooms.
- COVID-19: Although STEMA Learning Centre has implemented a COVID-19 Safety Plan and related health and safety measures, there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any place where people, including children, are gathered in groups of any size, and this risk cannot be eliminated. Notwithstanding STEMA Learning Centre’s COVID-19 Safety Plan and related health and safety measures, any participation in a group activity, including the Program, may result in infection with SARS-CoV-2 and sickness or death from COVID-19. You hereby assume all the risks associated with SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19 arising from your Child’s participation in the Program. You also assume full responsibility for all damages and losses resulting from such participation.